Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Year 2014 Revisited

When I was a child, my elders always said that we should not do anything bad on first day of year. If we do so, we would keep on doing the same thing throughout the next 365 days. I have no idea what I did on 1 jan 2014, but there were definitely some events which I could recall instantly and some of them I would recreate if given a chance.

I divided the year in three parts:

January-April
I would not let myself on the road.  I would make sure that we stay in Nanital for at-least the night.
I had my MBA third semester exams during this period and I did passed them. I would make sure I study hard and get better results in my MBA-3rd semester.
I also won the club level and area level international evaluation contest in Toastmasters. No one would believe that I reached the menu late for next division level contest! I am not going to let this opportunity slip away do easily again. Plus the members told me that I had great chances of winning.

May-August
Oh my goodness! I cannot recall anything major during this period. If given a chance, I would vanish to a long long vacation and have some great memories.

September-December
Ah, the Game of blogs challenge. I made some new friends and write a story - ok, almost completed it. I would go to any lengths to make sure that my team completes the challenge.
We also continued our abandoned story page as the weekly prompts page. The prompts would soon be open to all bloggers. I request all the readers and bloggers to join us and have fun.
Other than this, it was the perfect period. I had some best memories to cherish for lifetime.  I would live to relive it as I did it. One thing for sure - If I had the power, I would not let that insane tragedy happen (or any one like them) and let the real man rise.

Big thank you to all the readers who stopped by on my blog and special thanks to everyone who commented in and boosted my moral -

This post is written in response to the prompt -



2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of recreating the year as means of reflecting! I always think vanishing on long vacations is a great idea by the way. Here's to a fantastic year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're welcome! I happy I came by your blog. Wishing you a prosperous year ahead and always reflect and rejoice!!

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete