Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Friday, January 23, 2015

Fifth Anniversary Plans

Proposing my crush! That's going to be a rough task for me.  I have had some string crushes, but I never had the courage to confess and was only happy if I could say hello to them occasionally. Till date, I have proposed only once. Yes! I have proposed someone: that it was long back while I was a teenager is a different thing. Oh, did it so badly. I sent one common friend of us to the guy and guess what! I was rejected. I had no idea why I proposed him, he was not handsome, nor did I have a crush upon. Maybe, as it happens in that age group that it is so important to have a girlfriend or boyfriend. I felt so ashamed after that. Now, when I remember that, I laugh at myself.

Today, when I am married with one and a half kid (I guess one can infer why half ;) ) and about to celebrate my fifth wedding anniversary, I have been thinking of making it special. My husband dear did all efforts to woo me after we were arranged and that special attention is still so dear to me. Sometimes, I think how bad he must have felt when I gave so cold responses to his efforts. But then, I am not very creative when it comes to love. Occasionally, both of us try to do that bit and make each other smile. After having a serious thought in this, here is what I have come up with:

POEM I wrote a poem to my husband in our first anniversary. That is something only for two of us, below is a short snippet form the lines:

You said those words, I couldn't stop blushing…
couldn't stop smiling…
My eyes sparkled at your sight,
face brightened at your love,
Don’t know I started feeling…
You’re the one, and I am you dove

I am working on another collection of words to make him feel special.

CARD
Greeting card is the medium of expression which has faded with time. I still love them. They make us smile every time we happen to see them.
My dear husband somehow doesn't seem to be emotionally attached to those pieces of paper, as I have often found my cards lying here and there. It feels bad, but then this is something that cannot be forced upon. I even thought that I would not give him a card again as eventually I myself end up keeping them safe somewhere!
Then again, five years is special. I would definitely make a card all by myself and write the poem inside it and try to get it delivered at our doorstep via courier for that surprise.

Cake and Candles
A presentable cake cooked by myself with mesmerizing fragrance of glowing candles at midnight when everyone else has fallen asleep (we have a joint family and both of us get those oh! So cute look form family members when we do something special for each other sometimes).

If possible, I would try to get our platinum band of love (depends on budget!).

Some romantic cuddling selfies and long kisses...


Written in response to Indiblogger activity – Cupid Games 2015

2 comments:

  1. Amita, that is awesome! So so so so so romantic!!!!

    I wish you and Pradeep a happy and a prosperous life :) and you've got excellent writing skills too.

    I'm happy that I came to your blog and read this post. (I came here from the comment you left on my blog at http://thesparkunseen.blogspot.in/2015/01/plan-to-kill-me.html)

    By the way, one and half kid huh ;) Wish you a healthy life, mam :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear for stopping by....

      and thanks for the best wishes...

      Delete