Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Monday, January 19, 2015

Laundry: Woman job at my home

Equality for women
Women empowerment
Harassment laws at work place
Stringent laws for violence against women
Women friendly policies

World is shouting all good things for woman on top of its voice. Men around me have complained this special attention many times. They complain that why only women's day and not men's day? There were ages when women were only other living entities with minimal rights. No doubt time has changed. Women today are progressing more than men. Wives earning more than husband are not a big deal today. But, when I look at below clip, I suddenly go back ages:

There are many statistics which tell the thinking of both men and women when it comes to laundry. I also want to thank blogadda to give me a platform for cribbing a much as I can.

It's ironical that the very weekend we decide to skip the laundry, Husbands always have to wear the same favourite t-shirt that lies in the washing machine all soaked in dirt. While 2-3 hours of my weekends are either soaked in sweat (summers, it feels to have taken a bath in our own sweat) or causing my fingers to go numb in cold water (winters are worst for washing clothes – you cannot get so much of hot water), husband dear is still sleeping or asking for tea sitting in front of idiot box.

Sometimes, I feel that god is taking revenge in me for doing the same to my mother before marriage. Now I understand the reason of her cranky behaviour every Sunday morning.

While there isn't much inequality at my home, as there are some chores which I do not even attempt - Leaking taps, washing cars and many more. But still, they are occasional tasks. When some guy says that there are tasks which only we do, I so want to revert back with – “Let’s swap our seats”.


Yes, it's so true that I have two full time jobs - Office and HOUSEHOLD.  I am seriously thankful to my mother in law who shares my second job and thus help me performing acceptable in it. But then she is also a woman.



If all time multitasking is not enough, picture this. The husband dear goes on a trip - business trip. He tries to take as many clothes as possible (depending on the number of days tour is supposed to last) so that cleaning them would not be required. Even if its required, the frequency would be as low as possible. So, while my heart is on cloud nine whenever he comes back, some comer of my heart is also worried also worried about the big bag of laundry waiting to be done!

Thus, "Is laundry a woman job?”
 Sad, but It’s a yes at my home.

I am writing for #IsLaundryOnlyAWomansJob activity at BlogAdda.com in association with Ariel.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Amita for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. It helped me discover your wonderful blog. Just followed you:))

    ReplyDelete