Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Soulmates

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 50; the fiftieth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. In association with ​Soulmates: Love without ownership by Vinit K Bansal. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.

Grey hair, wrinkled face,
They walked slowly,
Hand in hand,
They stepped together.

They stopped in between several times. They took a breadth and started again. The church was glowing with candles. Candles of love that hung everywhere.

He bent on his knees, Just like ages before. The only difference though was he did it with aching legs. His best suite hanging loudly over his shoulders, he held her hand.
The same hand which he had held many years before. She still felt shy as first time whenever he did so.

"Will you marry me?", he asked with a pause - "Will you marry me again?".

She looked directly in his eyes. Her white gown looked bigger for her today. Yet she looked gorgeous. 

"yes", she spoke with a smile. "It's a yes my love for every-time you ask".

They exchanged the rings and locked their lips. The whole world screamed - true soul mates.


The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton. Participation Count: XX

34 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Amita, you are romance queen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megha...
      I do like romantic stories...:)

      Delete
  2. Very cute and romantic :) All the best for BAT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, sweet & romantic post, Goodluck for BAT50!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagined what you have described! :) Very sweet and i guess every woman's dream.

    All the best for the BAT50. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to that--their age, their long link, their vow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that some people are really able to relate... Wonderful feeling

      Delete
  6. that was so cute :) nice write up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great writing...I was so visualizing the couple as I read it. I smiled and could imagine me saying exactly what she said to my husband "It's a yes my love for every-time you ask"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reminds me of my own dearly departed parents - they renewed their vows at one point (can't remember which anniversary), but just missed their 50th anniversary when my Dad passed away. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad for your loss Lee... I cannot imagine the feeling of a partner when he/she is left alone after almost entire life living in love... But that's life...

      By the way, my grandparents have crossed their 50th anniversary some years back...:)

      Delete
  9. awww, this is lovely! Totally enjoyed this episode. Totally romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah..Imaginary thoughts can be some times so expressive...Nicely written.

    All the Best for BAT 50.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful story, hope all have long lasting love :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a delight to read this one! I hope every couple finds love in each other forever! :)

    Regards,
    Khushboo

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely story, very romantic

    My Blogaton#50 post Soulmates

    Following your blog now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cifar....
      Just visited your entry... It was really cute...

      Delete
  14. soul mates beyond ages!
    sweet and cute. :)

    ReplyDelete