Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Santa Claus Wishing Merry Christmas In My Office

23/December/2014
"Hello sir.".
"Yes?"
"Sir, we were planning for the Christmas celebrations in office and had a discussion on who fits into the santa's role. You name came into the list. "
"Ok...".
"So, would you do it?"
"Yeah sure".
"Great, thank you sir. I would call you tomorrow morning. We have the Santa dress with us and rest we would explain you tomorrow."

As the call disconnected, I got a chat message from same person. 
"Also, please don't tell this to anyone as there is a guess the Santa contest as-well. Thanks😊"

24/Dec/2014
While changing into the traditional red and white dress, I had no idea what was in store for me. I was the Santa - Dear Santa for 1200 odd staff in my office. The mask made sure no one would be able to recognise me. I was handed a small bag full of candies. The cultural committee explained me what all I had to do and I stepped on top floor of building. 

As explained, the guy with speakers playing Christmas carol in hands entered the premises first and gathered the attention of busy hard working staff. It was my turn next. I marched ahead - "Ho Ho Ho. Merry Christmas dear, merry Christmas my child". I shouted in top My voice and hugged the first guy in bay who refused to give up his work for celebrations. He was suddenly smiling and locked his machine instantly. I distributed some candies on the floor, gave several hugs and shake hands. I left with the Santa team - my team after some games.
As we entered the next floor- 6th floor, I again gave the first hug to most serious looking person and distributed candies. Two people made me wear the garland of paper pins as the part of game. Winners of each game were given chocolates.
We repeated the same things on all ten floors and I was exhausted.H
At the end of 2 hours, this is what I lost as I became the Santa - 
1. I was left breathing for air and removed the mask in between when no one could see me.
2. I had the maximum pictures clicked and still no one could say that it was me,
3. My manager gave a tilted eye to me for leaving my workstation for 3 hours.

I could not believe, but the things I gained as Santa were far more satisfying and overcome all loss as I stepped into santa's  shoes - 
1. I was the start of day. Everyone wanted to click pictures with me.
2. I made people smile as I distributed hugs and candies.
3. I realised what task it is for Santa (if he truly exists) to spread happiness around the world and give gifts to children- that too as per their wishes.
4. I was smiling to myself at the night time.

~From the heart of guy who took the role of Santa on 24th December in my office.

Thank You Santa


This post is written for the prompt - When I stepped into Santa's shoes in Facebook page - Wings Of Change.

2 comments:

  1. Yea...Celebrations are fun, and Christmas is double...waiting for Santa, there's nothing like it :) Nice post..brought smile to my face :)

    ReplyDelete