Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Monday, December 15, 2014

Walking Miracle


Tiny hands set free,
stood straight like a tree.
Brave inside,
little feet stood in air,
march ahead said my prayer.
one, two, three and four,
there you came falling with roar.
I held you before you touch the earth,
My lips widened to their length.

Oh dear! I wish the time to stop,
I so wish to witness the miracle,
again and again and again.

You stumbled,
You slipped,
You tried again and again,
there you were,
walking and shining,
My heartbeat raised every-time you went lower,
My eyes twinkled every-time you reached my arms,



I could not wait to cherish more,
The first kick,
The first jump,
The first run

Soon you would not need me to reach things,
Remember my dove,
You would always find me,
to hold you,to guard you,
to boost you, to push you.

I still wonder at the feeling,
which one was mesmerising,
Before or after the fall.

Have you ever been confused which one to pick from before or after the fall? Pour in your feelings in comments.

This is written for the prompt - "Before or after the fall" by Wings Of Change

Also linked to:
This post has been written for Prompt of the Month; a feature of Writer's Ezine


5 comments: