Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Sunday, May 25, 2014

My definition of Poetry

Writing poetry is one art I am in love with. Poetry writing is the first among my list of hobbies.
Recalling my first poem, sad but I have lost it with my precious diary, as I wrote in my earlier post. My first poem was rather not exactly a poem but a spoof on the song "kuch kuch hota hai".  My brother could not stop laughing in agreement after reading that. It was something like-

Exams paas aaye,
Mujhko sataye,
Inme na jaane kya,
Questions samaye...
Ab to meri books,
Aage naa badi hain,
Kya karu haye,
Preparation na hoti hai...

There was more, 2 lines on each subject, but I seriously do not remember... 

The above spoof was quite spontaneous when one day I was trying to concentrate on studies. Actually, most of my attempts at poems have been completed in a few minutes. I do re-read them and try editing. So , to me, poetry is semi-spontaneous.

If I ever have to define poetry in my own words, I would say that - " poetry is an expression of feelings tangled in between beautiful words". Of course, to be roped into a poem, the words better be powerful.
Poems are generally written in a flow, flow of emotions. Some people may find them too sad or too sweet and call it overflowing. But not for me. 
To summarise, I may also say that Poetry is a semi-spontaneous flow of emotions via beautiful and powerful words. 

This post was written in response to Indispire.

Do you read or write poetry? What was you first poem about? Share you creative side or your thoughts via comments section.

8 comments:

  1. Aah my bro started writing with these sppof songs too. Hilarious they were. Agree with you, they have to be a flow of words. And yes within minutes. That's how I write too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thanks for a good read.

    Have a look at this when you find suitable time. This is about poetry.

    http://www.concurrentmusingsofahumanbeing.blogspot.com/2014/05/blog-post.html

    You may find some more in this blog interesting. For ease a rough translated version can be found here : http://pinterest.com/ikway/pins/ (or) http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/iKway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks iK Way...
      I visited your blog of-course the translate version. Altough i could not understand some posts, but those i understood were nice... Keep going.

      Delete
  3. very nice indeed sounds great.

    ReplyDelete