Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Monday, May 12, 2014

Golden Mother

You loved the thought of me even before I existed.
You made it possible for me to become a baby from a mere cell.
You bear the pain to bring me to your lap.
You woke up at the slightest movement of mine.
You stood awake all night while I banged my little hands and legs in excitement.
You made sure I was ready for school on time.
You made sure you reached my school before bell rang.
You did my homework along with me.
You played ringa ringa roses no matter how you looked jumping.
You smeared your hands in glue for that science, drawings projects.
You quit your job to give me more time.
You slapped  me hard when I did wrong... shed tears after I slept.
Your heart broke every-time my knee snapped.
You didn't buy a dress while I brought 5.
You kept your most beautiful peace of jewellery safe because I said I want it some time.
You pretended smiling when I moved out of town.
You took all my tantrums days before my marriage.
You knew it before me when I was about to be you.
You were the one all I wanted when I became you.
You have been my Golden Gavel.

My Golden Mooma....

No comments:

Post a Comment