Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Knitting the memories

I so wanted to post something about mom when I saw this idea and immediately voted for it. But mother’s day being around, I could not hole myself from posting about my Golden Mother.

First, a picture of my mom from her younger days. Well, I would have found that from one of her educational documents. But, I am at my in-laws and the albums at my paternal place. Then, I put my cousin sister at work and she did the job perfect.
During those days, clicking pictures was not so common especially in rural parts. So, apart from some blurred picture in her certificates, this was the youngest avatar of my mommy dear we could find.

 If I had to write her a note, it would be very long and I would rather not share it online. Still, let me try and share something not too personal.

Dear Mummy,

You know how our stomach ache laughing whenever we kids look at this picture. But, I realized your nervousness at my own marriage when I was asked to pose in similar postures. I had the luxury to deny and say that I am not posing it. You probably did not have that during your generation.
I had this luxury because of you. You brought this change into our family. You along with papa enforced and insisted so much about education. We being the eldest kids in family got the opportunity to lead and show the path to other younger cousins. I am so proud and lucky to have you by my side at the blink of eyes.
I am sure i would be short of thread if i ever knit the memories with you. I love you so much.

Guess what, I also wrote a few lines of poetry while thinking of you. You have been  and would always be my Golden Momma.

Love,
Gudia

This post is written in response to Indispire.

Have you shared your love to your mother? What was her reaction? I would love to read the experiences. Write them in comments.

4 comments:

  1. dats really soooo sweet...both ur write up nd ur mummy!! god bless u all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother - daughter bond is always special, and it shows in your efforts to get to this post. Thank you for writing this, Amita, your mom is a true inspiration - Hats off to your parents for inspiring a change for future generations.

    ReplyDelete