Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Monday, September 8, 2014

Who Moved My Cheese by Dr. Spencer Johnson

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers
It seems that the author has mastered the art of KISS - Keep It Short And Simple
I was recommended this book by one of my colleagues and the ebook kept lying in my folder until i decided to open it and go through.

It's a story of 4 living beings. 2 mice and two little humans. The story revolves around their attitude towards life and it's biggest challenge - Change.
As quoted in the book, “Cheese is a metaphor for what you want to have in life – whether it is a good job, a loving relationship, money or a possession, health or spiritual peace of mind. The maze is where you look for what you want – the organisation you work in, or the family or community you live in."

To be honest, i have mixed thoughts on the book.
First reaction was the immediate one -
1. It's great. It teaches a great lesson in life that change is unavoidable.
2. It teaches to be motivated and not to loose hope
3. I completed the book in 3 hours shuffling in between my work...:P

The second and more thoughtful reaction was that
1. it depends on the perception of reader. One reader might consider the cheese to be challenge and move along with it with open eyes and other one with closed eyes. The one moving blindly is in great danger as that person might be accepting change without regard to whether it is appropriate or not.

Thank god i am not reviewing it and only posting my views. I am saved from the deli-ma...;P
Don't have patience to read, I found many videos on YouTube and here is the one with maximum views. Have a look and decide for yourself.

Al-though a bit confused, I had no difficulty in finding my favourite lines from the book - My Favourite Lines Form Who Moved My Cheese

How do you react to challenges in life? How did you like the book? Would you go ahead and read it after my thoughts on it? Write your heart/mind in comments section. I would be glad to read out your end of thinking on the book.

4 comments:

  1. He he.... Amita, well, everything depends on individual perception. Words do not have meaning, it is us who put meaning in words. :) please embed the video or give the link in your coming articles if you're mentioning any :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Ravish...
      I did realize that i have forgotten to embed the video... Thanks any-ways....Have updated the post...:)

      Delete
  2. I loved your views, why because it was not a book review but gave an idea how it should be (the book)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Datta.... i know what you are saying.. i am trying my hands at review as well...:)

      Delete