Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Mom's anklets, bangles, keys, or something else?

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers
"Do you believe in Ghosts?". I do not know what should I answer about that. Though I have never ever experienced any thing solid except that one thing, but I am scared to death from such horrible incidents. I try and never make fun of those rituals and black magi things, because I am not sure if they actual exists. God! If they do exist, I would never ever want that to come near to myself or anyone i know. I have heard such horror stories about those!

I still get shivers when I think about that incident. Believe me, If I recall that during night there I no chance I sleep without praying from the deepest corner o my heart.

If was long back during my school days. We had two bedrooms at our home. Mummy and papa used to sleep in one of them, and I used to sleep in another along with my brother. 
I do not exactly remember it started suddenly sometime or was continuous. I used to hear the tinkle of anklets during nights. I was not scared first. I thought it must be mom's. But then, one fine day I realized that mummy do not wear anklets. Even then, I was not scared. I thought, I must be mistaken. The sound must be of mom's bangles. No sooner in realized that the sous came even those days when mom had no bangles in her hands!
I started to notice that if it came from street, we had a small wall in our gallery which brought quite a noise from outside. But obviously, it was not the case.
I was scared likes hit! I wondered, if my brother also hears that? One fine night, I gathered the courage to ask him - "Do you head the sound of anklets sometimes?". I had no idea I should be surprised it relieved, he shot back - "You hear it too?". Both of us managed to be optimistic, and decided that if must be the sound of keys that used to hang in the keyhole if our sliding door. 
One day, after our parents were asleep, we removed those keys and kept them on a table in lobby. Then, we just crossed our fingers and thought, that's it. It's the end of story. We would not be scared now. But, the anklet did not stop ringing. God! I am even scared writing it now. We did not had the courage to tell our parents. I seriously do not remember if we told our parents during those days. But I do remember that I did not slept without praying. 
Then, we shifted to some other place for our studies and rented our home. I am sure that our tenants complained about the house having some spirit.
After some years, we returned to our home. We did a proper prayer with havan and all. I have absolutely no idea how, but I never heard that sound again once we and back. Might be the pooja was done in such detailing because of that. Whatever is the reason, thank god we never heard that anklet again. Yes, we still live in that home, but it's been reconstructed now. Anyways, the sound went away many years before the reconstruction.
As i said, I still pray hard while sleeping whenever I happen to recall this story, here I go.

Om Namah shivaye...
Jai mata di...

Please god do not ever make me hear that again. Not even if I accidental it foolishly wish I do so - I would only wish that in case I am out if my head! Please! Keep that sound or any such thing away!

What do you think it was?

Written in response to IndiSpire topic - "Do you have a Ghost Experience? Do you wanna share it? Well now is the time :-)"

Can you guess what is was? Have you also experienced something creepy? Share it with me via comments section. I love ghost stories.

9 comments:

  1. Oh that's scary esp when it is happening in ones own home, it's like there is no escape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very scary especially at that age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh! that was scary thank God it stopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Datta... I still have absolutely no idea what it was and how it stopped... May be that Puja when we came back after some years of break...

      Delete
  5. Newly wed wife should not wear anklets. But this :)

    I love ghosts.

    ReplyDelete