Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Simple Things That Make Me Happy

Happiness is a combination of healthy body and bad memory.
While healthy body is partly in our own hands, bad memory is something which is not everyone's cup of tea. By bad memory I mean the ability to forget and forgive. Yes, the sooner we are able to forget uncomfortable moments and the more we are able to forgive others, the closer stays our post prized possession -Happiness.

Talking about Happiness, all of us shave our own set of things which cannot fail to make us smile. Below are some things from my set of bucket:

KID
He has to be in top. No matter how sad I am or how tired I am. It only takes a smile from my kiddo to make me smile.
BIRTHDAYS / ANNIVERSARIES
I don't know why, but it does not matter whose birthday/anniversary it is, but whenever there is one around me, I am happy. My friends used to get a bit embarrassed sometimes as I used to announce their birthdays like anything. I used to tell each and every person I know that it's his/her "happy birthday". Yes, I never call it a birthday, it's always "Happy Birthday".
FESTIVALS
Festivals were the days when all cousins used to get together for whole day and have fun. We used to wait for Holi/Rakhi/Diwali with great curiosity and give a dose of head-ache to our parents. I so miss all that after my wedding, but still I try and make all feel that it's a special day on festivals.
WEDDING
Weddings of cousins is another reason to party and dance like crazy. From my father side, a lot of them are awaited and we are all ready for the fun.
FLOWERS
I love flowers. I guess, every girl likes them. Big or small, all flowers have a special place in my heart.
RAIN
Rain is beautiful. I love ten sound of little water droplets tinkling around. The only thing I donor like about rain is the wet smell that occurs as a result of continuous rain for days and of-course the Delhi traffic. Apart from that, I do or miss a single opportunity to soak in ever comforting droplets of water.
SMILES
Everybody likes smiles. Smile is free of cost. It makes your heart feel good. It makes others feel good. It does not mean that I like those irritating unwanted smiles from some cheep idiots.
SURPRISES
Anyone who says he/she does not like surprises is lying. A surprise brings that required smile to all.   I am no different. The surprise need not be well planned or expensive. A simple homecoming from office to home earlier than usual just like that without any reason is a small example of simple surprise.
KISSES from my kid/husband/cousins/parents/best friends
Hugs and Kisses from my loved ones never fail to make me happy.
SPACE
Last but not the least, I need some time for myself once a while. My own space and time is when I do nothing and think nothing. Believe me, those are one of the most happy moments of our life!

INTERNATIONAL DAY OF HAPPINESS is celebrated around the world in 20th of March. While celebrating a day is great, I wish everyone a bottle full of happiness and Smiles for each and every day of their lives!



Ps - I love the coca cola advertisements for this occasion they launch every day. All of them are awesome and bring an upper curve to my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment