Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Monday, March 11, 2019

The Modern Day Hindu by Nikhil Chandwani


The Blurb:
“Here are your instructions. You must overlook everything you know. Modern Day Hindu needs you to blur the edges of white and the dark spheres of life. It is my journey, practicing a very rare Hindu way of living, and blending the same with Quantum Physics, The Cosmos, a whole lot of Hollywood Movie mentions, Rock Music and Passionate Resistance. This book provides resolutions to the Twenty-First Century dilemmas through certain laws, I decoded, while implementing classical Indian knowledge. The book reveals the wandering consciousness of Hinduism. Awareness, that might complete your missing puzzle.



About The Book:
I liked the cover and found it quite creative. A person mediating with all the possible distractions in present era all around him on the cover along with the title made a perfect match. It’s a perfect match for current generation and is also a good percentage of our elders these days too.

The author has tried to throw a detailed insight on twenty-first century mass and how different areas affect their lifestyle with the help of seven spheres. The language used is simple and to the point.

The author also supported each and every point conveyed with an example. The examples range from day to day life, science, mathematics, philosophy etc.

Somewhere between the book, I sadly could not follow through and lost the connect. After that, I was just reading and not able to catch up. The reason might be because of too much knowledge. Honestly, I did not find anything bad about the book, I was just not able to grasp after a point. I think it needed more intense editing on the examples given and the connect between each other – there are a lot of random examples which I feel would have worked better for articles.

For me, it did not work very well. At the same time, I would like to mention that it’s me who might not have like it. It is a decent read for the people who enjoy reading physiological non-fiction books and of course movie buffs are going to relate the most out of it.



                                                      

1 comment:

  1. Interesting theme. I also try to read Vedas along with the latest scientific research. I just read that Aurobindo said, Vedas keep expanding. I interpret Sruti as something that has come from the ancient days. Smruti is something we can discuss more critically and make our own conclusions. Somethings from Smruti widely accepted by many get added to Sruti over a period of time. Thank you for sharing the book details. A to Z participant Narayana Rao

    ReplyDelete