Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Friday, July 6, 2018

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green


Hola! I keep on repeating after every few posts that I am back at my favorite genre - Romance. But then, maybe I like it so much that even if the break is only one book old, I can absolutely feel it.

"The Fault In Our Stars" is one such awesome book. It's about two teenagers battling bravely with cancer. The book offers their story of life and love. Being written in first person, it's the life events of Hazel Grace. The author beautifully captures little moments of love, craziness, panic and everything. For example, there is a section where Hazel remembers her mother dealing with her disease.

I was normal reading through when I read this. The very nanosecond I read what Hazel heard, I had to fight my tears back. May be because being a mother and daughter both, I could almost feel it to the soul!

Then there is an equally amazing a little love letter which Hazel wrote for Augustus. I won't spill the beans, but I smile every time I think of that. Being a love story, it ought to have xoxo moments. There are also some cheesy lines like -


But I think, when you like something, they become romantic!

Generally, romance fictions revolve around the main characters and so does ‘The Fault In Our Starts’. At the same time, author has taken safe care to add the emotions of people around them as well. There are lot of places where Hazel points out the feelings of her parents and that of Augustus.

From the beginning to end, the story is so sad and the reader is almost aware of the direction it is going to, but still, the author John Green did an excellent job in keeping the reader engaged and want to continue without taking a break. In short, I loved it and has taken a place to my list of books I can recommend

Check out other favorite lines from the book at - Quotes

Additionally, The blurb on the says:
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Kindle Edition                                                            Paperback
                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment