Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Janmashtami and Teachers Day at the same time!

गुरु गोविंद दोनों खड़े, काके लागूं पाँय । 
बलिहारी गुरु आपनो, गोविंद दियो मिलाय ॥

God and Teacher, both are standing before me, whose feet shall I touch first?
Dear Teacher, your first; for it was you that I met God.

What better day than today when both teacher and God are being celebrated and worshiped together. It's Janmashtami - birthday of Lord Krishna and also the Teacher's day.

I have a colleague who celebrate Janmashtami by cutting cake on this auspicious day. He says, we cut cake on our birthdays, then why shall we leave behind the most loved God.

My kiddo made this card for his class teacher - ok, I did the drawing part and he coloured them.


Here is my little effort to express my gratitude towards everyone who taught me anything in life. They all get the space of teachers in my heart:

Thank you mom, my first teacher,
You taught me what life is.
Actually, you gave me my life!

Thank you papa, my least acknowledge teacher,
You taught me what responsibilities are.

Thank you brother, my dearest teacher,
You taught me what friendship is.
You are the best brother ever!

Thank you all madams and sirs, my actual teachers,
You taught me to read, write and understand.

Thank you Reyansh and Samarth, my little teachers,
You taught me to love unconditionally,
I am still learning from you each day!

Thank you my readers,

You helped me improve my written words,
Your comments made my day!

Thank you God, my silent teacher,
You gave me ally wonderful teachers!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing post, i loved the beginning, the card and everything here. You made my day!

    Btw, you didn't Thank your readers in the poem...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alok....

      The readers and their comments always teach and better things to improve my writings...

      have edited the post...:P
      Thanks again!!!

      Delete
  2. Its really an awesome!! Like Alok...i also like the way you started!!! superb!! A lovely read!!!

    ReplyDelete