Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Reflections: A to Z Challenge April 2015

Phew...!
It's finally over. Yes, it was my reaction when I published the last post with letter "Z".

If was my year of participation and I am proud of myself that I completed the challenge on both my blogs.

I am glad I choose a theme and more glad that I stuck to it - with a few deviations and tweaks.

For this blog, I decided to blog about women, but to my own pleasant surprise I limited myself to women in my own country - India. It was a great learning experience for myself. I discovered about many women I would have never thought of searching!

An interview to myself!

Q: Did I have a theme?
A: yeah! Check out the theme reveal...

Q: Did I finished with success?
A: Yes.

Q: Did I plan my posts in advance?
A: I tried to do that before April, but failed to do that.

Q: Did I post everyday?
A: No. While I managed to schedule some of my posts in advance once a while, I also had to work really hard to catch up many times.

Q: Did I learn anything?
A: Yes. 
1. General knowledge
2. Importance of planning and drafting posts in advance.

Q: Did I get more views?
A: Yes, as compared to normal months.

Q: Did I get more comments?
A: Yes, it's incredible how fellow bloggers take out time for this amazing encouragement.

Q: Did I visit more blogs and commented?
A: No! I so wish I had done it. But my official work and personal commitments left me no time to visit any blog and I barely managed to post with each letter though not everyday. 
I would definitely try to make up for it by visiting as many reflections as possible - at-least who those took out time to comment on my posts.

Q: Would I participate again next year?
A: Yes, as long as I am blogging :)

This post is written as a part of April 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme for this year is Women In A to Z Professions. Click at the link to check other professions women have excelled in and their respective links.




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I read a couple of your posts and loved them..Will try and catch up on more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lesson learnt regarding importance on planning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to see you reflect ... for future challenges.All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there.
    Congratulations on completing the challenge! I actually got to visit this blog during the crazy month of April. I'm popping over again today from the Road Trip.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete