Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Books I can Recommend Without A Thought

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies… The man who never reads lives only one. ~George R.R. Martin
I find myself smiling, crying, laughing, thinking, learning and what nothing while reading. Whenever I read a story or a book, I imagine myself in place of the characters.
There are times I love a book. Actually, I find it very difficult to say that I don’t like some book. I have tried my hand on writing many times and I know what it takes to write those words and convert them into pages and book. Still, there are some books which leave a mark on our soul and force us to think about.
I thought about my favourite book and there were 2 books which crossed my mind within seconds.
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
I simple loved this book. Although I took a long time to finish reading it, I was mesmerized by the writing of Khaled Hosseini. This is the book about women and true friendship. The struggle of leading lady – Mariam made me realize that the little problems I face every day are nothing and how harsh life can be.
I can recommend this book with closed eyes to anyone with a small warning that its bit heavy on heart and mind. It’s an eye-opener to all those people who complain that life is not fair to them and a must read for people who underestimate women and their inner strength.
Click here to read my further views on A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini


The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom
I have no idea why this book always cross my mind when recommending some random reads. It’s fun and sad at the same time to read this book.
The mere mention of this book make me think about the incidents in my life which would be chosen by god so that I may relive them. Beware – the incidents need not be all smiles or all cries or even the ones we think left a mark on our own lives.
Click here to read my further views on The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom





Kristin Martz very aptly says – “We lose ourselves in books, we find ourselves there too”.


Do you like reading? Is there any book or story or author which comes to your sub-conscious on giving a thought on “Your favourite book or author”? Share it with me. I would love to explore new adventures!

7 comments:

  1. I have read Mitch Albom's and the Kite Runne from Khaled Hossieni. Have you read 'Tuesdays with Morrrie'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kite Runner lies on my book shelf and i am going to pick it very soon.
      'Tuesdays with Morrrie', i would check it out...
      Thanks

      Delete
  2. 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' seems to be highly recommended. I've seen it in other's recommendation also. Going to read your views on it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it a great read Ravish.
      Thanks for reading and replying..:)

      Delete
    2. Ravish, Khaled Hosseini is a great storyteller. I loved his book 1 and 2. The third one I havent read yet.

      Delete