Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Thursday, July 30, 2015

PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahren

The Blurb:
Everyone needs a guardian angel
Some people wait their whole lives to find their soul mates. But not Holly and Gerry.
Childhood sweethearts, they could finish each other's sentences and even when they fought, they laughed. No one could imagine Holly and Gerry without each other.
Until the unthinkable happens. Gerry's death devastates Holly. But as her 30th birthday looms, Gerry comes back to her. He's left her a bundle of notes, one for each of the months after his death, gently guiding Holly into her new life without him, each note signed 'PS, I Love You'.
As the notes are gradually opened, and as the year unfolds, Holly is both cheered up and challenged. The man who knows her better than anyone sets out to teach her that life goes on. With some help from her friends, and her noisy and loving family, Holly finds herself laughing, crying, singing, dancing – and being braver than ever before.
Life is for living, she realises – but it always helps if there's an angel watching over you.
How I Felt About the Book

Ever wondered what would you feel like if you loose someone as dear to you as your own soul?

The more difficult question would be  - How would you move on with life in that case? Do people ever forget and move on?

This light hearted yet so heavy book is all about answers to these questions. 'PS I Love You' is known as the romance fiction. Yes, the vet thought of getting love notes from your soulmate even after he/she rests in peace is utterly romantic. But, I found the story more about friendship, family and moving on (with the great help of soulmate of-course).

At some point or the other, I found myself imagining in place of holly and actually shivered at the very thought of my reaction on the loss of my family members - I know they say we should never think like this, but isn't this human nature? The author really made me laugh as well as cry at the same moment.

The letters - honestly speaking, I expected those letters to be more romantic and was actually disappointed when I found that they were just ideas/directions from Gerry to help Holly move on in life in the form of little love notes. Despite of my disappointment, I waited for the page which would reveal the contents of next letter.

Some lines worth rereading-
** Embrace the fact that you had someone whom you loved and who loved you back.

** I can't tease about him in conversation like I used to because it feels wrong. I can't talk about things he told me in confidence because I don't want to give his secrets away, because they are his secrets. I just don't quite know how to remember him in conversation. It doesn't mean I don't remember him up here.' she tapped her temples.

** Shoot for the moon, even if you fail, you'll land among the stars

** God leads you to it and takes you through it.

** Finding someone you love and who loves you back is a wonderful, wonderful feeling. But finding a true soul mate is an even better feeling. 

** A soul mate is someone who understands you like no other, loves you like no other, will be there for you forever, no matter what. 

** They say that nothing lasts forever, but I am a firm believer in the fact that for some, love lives on even after we're gone.

** Nobody's life is filled with perfect little moments. And if it were, they wouldn't be perfect little moments.

** We haven’t lost everything, if we haven’t lost our hope.

** you don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you cannot live without

** Sometimes there is only one thing left to say, P. S. I Love You....

If someone is looking for a deep romance fiction, this is not the book for that. However, I can easily recommend it to anyone who has not watched the movie and is looking for slightly light read and wants to know how people move on in life without forgetting sweet memories.

Title: PS I Love You
Author:  Cecelia Ahren
Language: English

No comments:

Post a Comment