Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Compassion - Missing the Better Half

Compassion - The emotion in that deep corner of our heart for the suffering and pain of others along with the desire to help.

I see an accident & I pass by,
FEARING I would be late,
FEARING I would be in trouble!

I see an animal in trouble & I close my eyes,
FEARING my hands would get dirty,
FEARING I would lose my precious time,
FEARING I might be laughed upon!

I witness a crime & I keep mum,
FEARING it's none of my business,
FEARING I might get trapped too,
FEARING there is no use!

I hear my hear and ignore the echo,
FEARING I might not succeed!
FEARING I would be looked down!
FEARING I would seem foolish!
FEARING my biggest fear - BEING COMPASSIONATE

It's very disheartening but true that all of us at some point or other interpret only the half meaning of COMPASSION. The second and better half - 'The desire to help' unfortunately remains just a desire and is rarely converted into 'The Act'.

Following our Compassion is the biggest fear we can ever have!


Written in response to Indivine topic #1000Speak for Compassion


Also linking to: 

10 comments:

  1. Very true ... The desire needs to be converted into action....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most beautiful emotion described so beautifully.
    'The desire to help' is incomplete without its other half 'the act'

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..that was a very different take on the prompt and very touching..
    true..society has turned egotistic and apathetic..sad truth

    ReplyDelete
  4. very well said the bitter truth ...

    ReplyDelete