Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Spark

After a short break, Nicholas Sparks made entry to my bookshelf again. This was one book I had high hopes with. The expectations were partially met. There were some moments in the book that were exceptionally "Marvellous" (The depth of word would be known by reading the book...! ;))
I started the pages with little apprehension and for some initial chapters; I was convinced that I am not going to fall for it. But as I progressed, I realized that I could not put it down till it was finished.
A Walk To Remember is the story of Landon Carter who goes in flashback to narrate his love story. Landon Carter and Jamie Sullivan are perfectly portrayed as two teenagers completely different from each other. I read somewhere that it’s a "typical story of a jerk guy who fell in love to the swan".
My favorite part of the book was every time when Landon reminded himself not to fall in love with Jamie. It was really cute on how he defends himself again and again.
For a change, Nicholas Sparks did not make his characters fall in love overnight on a delicious dinner made by male lead. The love-birds took their own sweet time to do so.
I could personally relate to some instances in the book like when Jamie finally said those three magical words to Landon and the way Landon's friends kept teasing him for Jamie. We have seen the making of many couples from this teasing like this - Friends keep teasing two good friends until they start thinking if they are truly in love.
Then, there were times which actually brought tears to my eyes and then made me smile. I imagined myself and my loved ones in the place of different characters at different moments.
BY almost half of book, I was bit surprised that Mr. Sparks did not allow me to write down some quotes from this one. But slowly, my notepad was full of love.
My Favorite Lines From A Walk To Remember by Nicholas sparks.

4 comments:

  1. I loved it. I found the book far better than the movie in terms of depicting emotions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...
      I have not seen the movie.. hope to watch it soon

      Delete
  2. Nice review, its sad to know that Nicholas Spark is divorced after 25 years of marriage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks shweta...
      Well, I did not know about his divorce... it is sad indeed

      Delete