Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Monday, April 14, 2014

Top 5 places on my wishlist

:) :) :) cannot stop smiling while thinking of this topic. I have been over my husband’s head all the time every time he says that we got to earn big for our kids. And I, I always have the same answer I got to earn big for myself.  The kids, please ask them not to expect much after me. They would have enough education, marriage, but after that, I am all to myself…J
I always dream to travel the world during my life time. I keep saying – “I want to travel so much that every time someone talks about his or her dream destination, I should have an answer that yes I have been there.”

First five instant places that come to my mind when I think about my dream are:

1. PARIS

I am sure Paris, without any second thought is one of the most sought of dream destinations. I am dying to get myself clicked kissing at the top of Eiffel Tower… … ♥♥♥. The city of love and lights top my list.
2. TAJ MAHAL BY MOONLIGHT
I have seen Taj Mahal along with my parents when I was a kid long time back. I also had the funny ‘holding Taj’s top in your fingers’ picture. I cannot find that picture in my albums now. God knows where it has vanished. I revisited the monument of love some time back with my husband and some friends.

The Taj Mahal is said to look at its best - shimmering like a fairytale castle built for a legendary princess, under the full moon light. I have heard that the administration does not let people go all the way in and allow to watch it from the main gate. Still, I am very much ready to spend Rs 500 for half an hour trip to main gate of Taj Mahal on a full moon night.
Following words says it all…
“She smelled the way the Taj Mahal looks by moonlight.”
                                                                   Raymond Chandler, The Little Sister

3. KASHMIR
There won’t ever be a single living creature who do not want to go to heaven. The famous lines – “Is duniya mein agar jannat hai, to bas yahi hai… yahi hai… yahi hai…” meaning – “If there is heaven on earth, it’s here, it’s here, , it’s here.” have made the task easier.

I know the pictures in traditional Kashmiri dress on a boat in Dal Lake looks dam funny, but I want to look funny and have that picture in my album. I have a picture of my aunt-uncle (bua ji and fufa ji) where aunt is offering water to fufa ji from a pitcher both dressed in traditional dresses and that’s a million dollar picture♥♥♥.  I want it too with my love.

4. LAS VEGAS
The most popular city of US. City of dreams - known popularly for gambling, shopping, fine dining, and nightlife, Las Vegas cannot be a miss. Chuck Palahniuk said “Las Vegas looks the way you’d imagine heaven must look at night.” How can one miss the chance to heaven…J

My dream to go high after drinking – “Pee k Tull.” must be full filled here.

5. VENICE & ROME
Again, Venice and Rome – Lovers paradise. I really fancy the hearth taking views of Venice and Rome in movies. I have to travel there.


The complete list is long as I talked about my retirement dream… ;)
Image source: Various sources at google

Posted in response to IndiSpire

2 comments:

  1. Nice list, Amita. I have simply visited the Taj & that too not on a full-moon night :)
    Will be great to visit all these awesome places :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Anita....
      I saw your post too.... Tigers caught my attention instantly... I recently went to Jim Corbett but guess, i was unlucky to not to spot one....
      Better luck next time...
      Thanks for liking the post..:)

      Delete