Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Friday, April 4, 2014

10 questions I hate being asked


Being curious is no big deal. It’s the basic human nature. But then, there are some questions you really never want to answer but cannot avoid. Being a married girl with a 2 year old kid, many of my hate list questions are from the same background.
Image Source - http://lmaohaha.com/funny-quotes-about-cheating/

Here goes the list…

  1. What is your salary? How much do you earn a month?
    • It’s none of your business aunt.
  2. I speak to my husband about going to my mom’s house and he says – “Why? What would you do there?”
    • Come on, you need a reason to visit your mom!
  3. What gift do you want for <occasion>?
    • I have a straight philosophy. Gift is not a gift if it’s given after asking. Let you mind work, find out my like/dislike or find out what I am looking for these day if you want to give a useful gift.
  4. Now when I have a baby, people ask – “So, when are you planning another little one?”
    • Are you kidding me? Do I look such a fool to trap myself again! At least not for some years.
  5. Amita, your brother/sister/brother in law would graduate this year. Would you help him/her get a job?
    • Dear, I myself had to struggle a lot in getting the break. I do not own a company.
  6. When is your brother getting married? What kind of girl is he looking for?
    • How do I know?
  7. When are you getting married, dear?
    • This used to be most hated question. Every time some asked me I felt like running away screaming – “Help!”
  8. What are your future plans?
    • I plan to run away on a never ending vacation. Want to join?
  9. When people get to know I am from well versed family – “Why do work?” “Why don’t you stay home and enjoy?”
    • Go and lock your daughters/wives/ into home. Don’t bother me.
  10. You must be feeling lucky that you have got an understanding mother in law?
    • Wonder if she also get to hear the same question. :P

Written in response to Indispire

3 comments:

  1. i just hate one question i.e "How are You?"

    trust me ... i cant answer that ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...
      It's obvious answer is fine.. how r u!!!

      Delete